Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OMG I'm Hungry!

The workout checklist today consisted of hill climbs on my trainer and a fairly intense 45-minute weights workout.

Ate 'em up, spit 'em out.

And had some fuel to spare.

Granted, I was hungry all day. Nothing could shake my appetite, and that was after a foot-long Subway sub (teriyaki chicken and sweet onion on wheat bread) and pound Baja Fresh burrito the night before. Seriously, here's what I ate today... and it was barely enough to suppress my hunger!

-- Banana
(workout)
-- Oatmeal w/ raisins and almonds
-- Recoveride drink and Endurolytes
-- Apple
-- Peanuts
-- Balance bar
(workout)
-- 3 pieces of Chicken, peas and zucchini
-- Vega protein drink (blech!)
-- Wheat English muffin and peanut butter
-- Another banana
-- Lamb chops, pasta, salad and green beans
-- Chocolate yogurt

And, yeah, I could probably eat right now before bedtime.

'Sup with that?

Some days I'm just not that hungry. Other days, I've got a monster appetite. The past few days have been the latter. Yet my weight hasn't changed. Sometimes I wonder if one of these mornings I'm going to wake up and look like Ryan Reynolds in that fat suit from that silly-looking romance comedy movie I never saw... you know, that one? Like all this eating is going to catch up with me. And to be honest, it kinda freaks me out just a little.

But not today. I was just too damn hungry to care.

***
Overall, today was another busy day. Lots of running from meeting to meeting, and a commute to Simi Valley to drop my car off with my parents (my family has owned an automotive repair facility for 30 years). I must admit, the increased quality time with my parents has been a welcome addition lately. It's nice to have that kind of support during tough times.

After being gone since 9 this morning, I literally walked in the door 15 minutes ago. I'm so exhausted that I can barely see straight.

Not one of my better blogs. But, tomorrow's another day.

And that's a good thing.

322 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment